Episode 8: Slade Roberson - How To Stay True To Yourself As A Maverick And Entrepreneur
Our guest this week is my very dear friend and a Maverick in the truest sense of the word, Slade Roberson.
Slade launched his blog – Shift Your Spirits – in 2006. Since then he has built a huge following for his gritty, no-nonsense, highly practical take on spirituality that is exemplified by his tagline, “fewer hearts and flowers than other new age blather”.
What I love about Slade is his huge sense of authenticity. In this interview, he shares the ups and downs of his journey as a Maverick with his trademark mix of humour, realism and a healthy scepticism.
Some of the highlights of our conversation include:
- How it is possible to be spiritual and practical at the same time
- The shift from corporate to entrepreneurial to authentic
- How a ‘dream job’ can actually be the worst thing for you
- What can happen when you truly step onto an authentic path
- The journey of one of the Internet’s first bloggers
- How it can be important to say “F*&k you” to all the things you are ‘supposed’ to do to build your business
- The most important thing in building your brand
- There is a power that is connected to your authentic voice in a way that trying to do things for the market is never going to have
- How to find your authentic voice
- The power of doing a little step every day
- How to get unstuck by priming the pump
- Why it is so important to find balance and what feeds and inspires you
Links & Resources
To read Slade's blog on spirituality and personal development, go to Shift Your Spirits.
To find out about Slade's mentoring programme for intuitives, healers and coaches, go to Automatic Intuition.
Slade Roberson - Author of Shift Your Spirits
Following a corporate career in HR, a shift in personal circumstances led Slade to start his own business as an early Internet marketer and blogger. He has been blogging since 2003 and has built a large following for his no-nonsense, practical and pragmatic take on spirituality and personal development..
Slade is also a passionate writer of fiction. He received an English degree from the University of Georgia during the height of the 1980s Athens, GA indie music scene — the setting for his first novel Cloudbusting.
He currently lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee where he often goes fairy scouting in the locations featured in his novels Havenwood and The Fairy Killers.