Episode 12: Susan Peppercorn - Ditch Your Inner Critic
On this week’s episode, I am speaking to positive psychology coach and author of the book, “Ditch Your Inner Critic At Work” - Susan Peppercorn.
Like all of us, Susan battled her own inner demons. However, she has studied with some of the world’s leading authorities on positive psychology and has come up with many evidence-based practices to really kick that critic into touch.
Susan has been featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review and US News amongst others.
What I love about Susan is how down to earth and human she is. She really walks her talk as she has put everything she talks about into practice. Susan is a real example of “do as I do” rather than “do as I say”.
In this conversation, you'll learn:
- The journey to figuring out what can make you happy and make you money
- The physical impact that listening to your inner critic can have
- How to start to tackle your own inner critic
- A short daily practice that can change your brain to focus on the positive
- Gratitude as an antidote to the negativity bias of the brain
- The mental gremlins that get in the way of fulfilment and how to wrestle them down
- Treating failure like a scientist
- A brilliant exercise to gain a positive perspective
- What the science says about the causes of happiness
- How to understand and use your strengths
- Why it is important to set stretch goals
- The huge impact of giving small moments of attention to other people
- And a whole lot more!
You can download Susan's free eBook, a career-fit assessment called “Are You in The Right Job?”, at her website - positiveworkplacepartners.com
Susan Peppercorn -Author of Ditch Your Inner Critic at Work
Susan help mid, and senior-level professionals find their next best career step; promotion, new job, career or entrepreneurial option.
Frequently quoted, the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, U.S. News, Harvard Business Review and U.S. World Report are some of the publications that have tapped her for my career advice.
Susan is a certified positive psychology coach and was a teaching assistant for Tal Ben Shahar, who taught the most popular course at Harvard University and started the Certification in Positive Psychology. Accredited by the International Coaching Federation, She is an executive mentor for the Boston chapter of the Healthcare Business Women's Association (HBA).